10.13.2008

yesterday's shoot

It was a quintessential fall day yesterday, perfect for taking a short drive over to West Asheville with the windows down and (after the requisite wrong turn--I can't go anywhere new without one) photographing a wonderful family.

From left to right: Grayson, 6; Kate, 2; and Aidan, 8.


The boys were really fun to hang out with and very tolerant of my camera. They are boisterous and exuberant but also gentle enough to take good care of their hamsters, Clementine and Wednesday, whom I had the pleasure of meeting.

They are also both fabulous older brothers to Kate, who obviously adores them. As her mom predicted, Kate didn't say much around me, but was friendly and warm in her own understated way. I did get to hear her say "Yes!!!!" a lot, and also, once, "Awesome!!!!" Which, you know, was awesome!

I had a great feeling in that house; it was just the right mix of girl and boy energy.




In the spare time she somehow manages to find for herself, Liz makes kids' clothing and sells it on Etsy. The designs are bold and whimsical and off-beat; go see for yourselves how talented she is. I think Houdini the Hedgehog might be my personal favorite.

1 comment:

KD said...

This is a delayed comment, but I wanted to tell you how much I love the first two photos in this shoot. Esp the light behind mama and baby's hair...
Hope to see you soon.

KD